I believe I have worked hard to represent the citizens of District 41 and the State of North Dakota and I am seeking a second term.
During my last campaign, I went door-to-door, listening to my constituents. Because of those conversations, I was the prime sponsor for a number of bills, including;
- Introduction of medical marijuana
- Sunday opening
- Dense breast tissue notification
- Assist our in-state students with no interest student loans or tuition assistance using earnings of our very profitable Bank of North Dakota.
- Corporate income tax credits to encourage businesses to help their young families with childcare.
I would like to go back to Bismarck and continue working for student debt and/or tuition assistance, childcare credits and more state funding for Head Start and early childhood.
I grew up in Minnewaukan, ND, obtained a Master’s of Economics degree at UND, and moved to Fargo in 1973 with my late husband Wayne. We raised three children and built our lives here. I retired from Wells Fargo as Senior Vice President in 2005 with more than thirty years of executive experience in the banking industry. Along with my financial experience, my community involvement includes healthcare, senior living, and the performing arts. I’ve always been interested in politics and to have the opportunity to actually be in politics is very exciting.
University of North Dakota
Bachelor of Science in Economics
Masters Degree: Economics Major, Sociology Minor
Wells Fargo Bank, 1990-2005
Sr. Vice President Regional Trust Manager
US Bank, 1973-1990
Trust, investment and private banking
North Dakota House of Representatives, 2014 - present
- Union State Bank Board of Directors, Board Member
- Sanford Health, Board Member
- Sanford Health Foundation, Executive Committee
- Meritcare Health System, Board Member
- Meritcare Health Foundation, President
- Bethany Retirement Homes, President
- Fargo-Moorhead Community Theater, President
- Fargo-Moorhead Area Foundation, Trustee
- Fargo-Moorhead Symphony, Board Member
- Future Builders of Trollwood Performing Arts, Executive Committee
- North Dakota Bankers Association, Chair of Trust Committee
- YWCA, Board Member
- Downtown Kiwanis, Board Member
- Prairie Public Broadcasting, Board Member ND Bar Association, Grievance Committee Member
- Fargo Country Club
- Delta Gamma Sorority UND, President
To make a donation by mail:
c/o Doug Johnson
2536 S. University Drive, Unit H
Fargo, ND 58103